Tuesday, June 5, 2012

There are about five four weeks left until I go to Ireland. My flight is booked, along with a hotel in Dublin for two nights after the program ends (because staying the two extra days, even with the cost of a room, saves me about $150 vs. flying back to the US on a Saturday). I've checked my electronic devices for compatibility with the 220-volt UK/Europe electrical system (turns out that most devices these days -- laptop, cell phone, and camera chargers, specifically -- are rated for use around the world) and bought a funky little multi-way outlet adaptor. I've checked out a couple different travel guides for the UK/Ireland and did some reading online about Armagh and the history of Ireland in general. The prospect of going to a nation with some actual, real capital-H History is really exciting in itself (because the U.S. is really just a baby, or at most an adolescent, in comparison). Every single person who's been to Ireland has told us how much they enjoyed it and we're going to like it, and I'm inclined to believe them. So yes, it's safe to say, I'm really looking forward to this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment