Monday, July 13, 2015

But my heart is in Ireland

Since I lied several posts back and never published anything about my 2014 trip to Ireland, and since the 2015 Armagh Project is currently in full swing, I figured it would be fitting share a few photos from last year. I was super lucky to go as a teaching assistant this time around (which meant all I paid for was my flight) and even more so that one of my best friends, Maureen, got to come along. We were both part of the group that wrote 10-minute plays to be performed at the JHISS, and we got to visit Belfast, Giant's Causeway, Galway, the Cliffs of Moher, and Dublin together. It was a lot of fun for me to see what had changed and what hadn't, and what I still remembered. It was also interesting to feel how much I've changed since my first trip in 2012.

Armagh City


We got to tour the former Armagh Gaol...

Rumor is they're planning to turn it into a boutique hotel.

Dublin

The view from our hostel window in Belfast, not far from Queen's University

Me, contemplating life, the universe, and everything from the cliffs near Giants Causeway

After the end of the program, Jake flew out and met me in Dublin, and we did a whirlwind tour of that city, plus Cardiff, London, and Paris.
Our view of London from the plane (we flew in from Dublin)

The Blue Cock in Trafalgar Square (in front of the National Gallery)

The National Theatre, where we saw Billie Piper in "Great Britain"

London!

Paris from Le Tour Eiffel

Notre Dame, Paris
We toured the opera house in Paris... it was gorgeous. This is the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment